Welcome to the #1 Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum and Mercedes GLA community dedicated to Mercedes-Benz GLA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mercedes-Benz GLA today!

Wind Pressure

RSM

Reactions
I've noticed that even with two back windows opened half way that you need to open the driver and front passenger window to get rid of that really annoying air pressure in the cabin. Opening the pano also helps. I often need to keep the back windows open for our dog. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and come up with a solution to reduce the problem?

OP
R

RSM

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Do these help with that thudding noise you hear and the pressure in your ears that you experience?

ATXGLA

Reactions
Do these help with that thudding noise you hear and the pressure in your ears that you experience?
Yes they do help with the wind buffeting noise as long as you don't roll the window all the way down.

OP
R

RSM

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
OK, I installed them today. Yet to take it for a test drive but will report back. Not that easy to install due to small parts and large hands.

OP
R

RSM

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Follow up. I installed the window shields and while there is some improvement, there are still instances where the buffeting noise is intense and very uncomfortable. This is an unfortunate design flaw.

RonGLA

Reactions
I haven't found any true way to remove the buffeting yet and I've read that as cars become more aerodynamic, the worst the buffeting becomes.

OP
R

RSM

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Update: Purchased the item below. They are well constructed and relatively easy to install. I noted that the metal clips holding them to the door frame began to rust. Called the company and they acknowledged that was a problem. They sent me new and improved clips. I am assuming by now that any new items will come with them. But, if have purchased them and are experiencing rust stains on the shields, call the company and they will send you new clips.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_...id=182403907930&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658